After spending the past few days speaking in the Netherlands about future business models for digital media, interesting to see the inevitable start of stories regarding NFLX’s plans for Europe here. The massive growth of Netflix market cap is predicated on this type of expansion; fascinating issue will be whether new subscriber revenue, even with Canada plus the EU or Latin America, will outrun expanding content costs as major media companies raise rights costs. This is more a factor than ever now that major content providers Time Warner (via HBO Go) and the NBCUniversal family (via Comcast’s XFinity) have their own streaming services to feed.
- Seth Shapiro on why TV continues to thrive, when print, music and movie media do not.
- VR 101: 20 Great VR Projects (with links)
- Mary Tyler Moore and the Company That Changed America
- Grammy Host James Corden Won’t Make Big Bucks For Music’s Biggest Night
- Dumping on Trump Pays of for Late-Night TV Shows