1:30 AM inVegas we go for NATPE, the TV Programming Exec show. Usually I’m not a huge fan but this one should be good. The proliferation of variables in TV deals in the past year is unprecedented… VOD, DVR, ITunes, other download services, YouTube, all with exclusivity and rev share decisions… the deal matrix gets prettty thick for a business that’s been boilerplate for a generation. And to quote Mr. Goldman, no one knows anything. All bets are off as everyone looks for the right combination of elements in pricing, UI, rev share, branding, windowing etc. May you live in interesting times!
- NFTs Are Ushering in a New Creator Economy
- Does Buying NFTs Really Use 600x More Electricity Than an Hour of Netflix? It Doesn’t Have To.
- Don’t Buy an NFT Without Asking These Four Questions
- Are We Reaching Peak Streaming—Who Can Afford All These Subscriptions?
- Is Ad Creep Making Its Way to the Streaming Video Experience