Happy New Year. This site launched four years ago a few days before CES, so it seemed like a good time to pick up the conversation. Four years ago, had we predicted that Apple would grow to the second highest market cap in the world; that Netflix’ value would quadruple in an year; or that Goldman Sachs would value Facebook higher than Boeing, Time Warner or Viacom, the response probably wouldn’t have been great. But that’s where we are today, as decades of prognostication on the power of digital have given way to a present that is making all of that old news. Here’s to it.
- Seth Shapiro on why TV continues to thrive, when print, music and movie media do not.
- VR 101: 20 Great VR Projects (with links)
- Mary Tyler Moore and the Company That Changed America
- Grammy Host James Corden Won’t Make Big Bucks For Music’s Biggest Night
- Dumping on Trump Pays of for Late-Night TV Shows