Happy New Year. This site launched four years ago a few days before CES, so it seemed like a good time to pick up the conversation. Four years ago, had we predicted that Apple would grow to the second highest market cap in the world; that Netflix’ value would quadruple in an year; or that Goldman Sachs would value Facebook higher than Boeing, Time Warner or Viacom, the response probably wouldn’t have been great. But that’s where we are today, as decades of prognostication on the power of digital have given way to a present that is making all of that old news. Here’s to it.
- NFTs Are Ushering in a New Creator Economy
- Does Buying NFTs Really Use 600x More Electricity Than an Hour of Netflix? It Doesn’t Have To.
- Don’t Buy an NFT Without Asking These Four Questions
- Are We Reaching Peak Streaming—Who Can Afford All These Subscriptions?
- Is Ad Creep Making Its Way to the Streaming Video Experience